Friday, January 18, 2013

A little angel has been called to heaven...

I remember that last week, I was complaining about the lack of inspiration when it comes to writing on my blog. Sometimes, however, you'd explicitly wish you didn't have the inspiration to blog, as in "sad things happen in people's lives, and to deal with it, you have to write about it". Today, a little angel has been called to heaven. His name is Guillaume, and he was only 7 months old. But apparently, it was time he went to God. God has called him to His throne...


Guillaume is Thibaut's twin brother. Thibaut and Guillaume were born too early, and they had to stay in the hospital for a while. Thibaut is doing just fine and could leave the hospital after barely two months, but Guillaume had some health issues from birth on. However, after 160 days in the hospital he could finally go home to his own cozy bed, and the family could then fully enjoy some beautiful moments together. However, Guillaume still needed oxygen, and unfortunately he had to be hospitalized a few times, because his health problems persisted. The last thing I read on Facebook was that he was doing quite well, and there were some lovely pictures, also pictures from the twin brothers together. 


Today, however, Guillaume died. I don't know the exact circumstances, but I feel very sorry for my neighbour and her family. It has to be extremely difficult to lose your child, especially after you've enjoyed its presence for a considerable amount of time, even though it were a mere 7 months. 



A spark of anger and incredulity flared up in me when I heard the news. I was so angry at God, so very angry. How can he allow this kind of things to happen? First he gives two beautiful little boys to a happy family, only to take one of the children away after barely 7 months... How unfair is that? Where is God then, why does he punish that family so badly? What has a child done wrong that it has to die?  My questions couldn't be answered, so I called my pastor and talked to him. He agreed with me, it's extremely sad and people don't understand why a child has to die so young, so pure, so innocent... It can't be explained by faith, and the only thing one can do is pray. Pray for the family, so that they will find some comfort and the courage to go on. However, I can imagine that this family isn't exactly expecting to find any help and comfort from God's presence in their lives right now. Still, that doesn't withhold me from praying for them. 


Sweet Guillaume, may you rest in peace. You're an angel now, sitting on the right side of God. You're a bright star in the sky right now, shining down on your mommy, daddy and your two brothers. You're as free as a bird now, you can spread your wings and fly. You can flutter from one flower to the next, just as a butterfly. You can throw your smile and kisses to your family on earth. You will be missed, and it's so unfair that your time on this earth was so short... God will take care of you, however. You won't be on your own over there. Promised.


Sweet dreams now. Everything's gonna be all right...





No comments:

Post a Comment