Thursday, December 19, 2013

Psychiatrists gone insane



Written on the 6th and the 7th of December 2013. Only published later for reasons to be made clear in this and the following posts...
Friday, December 6th 2013. I have no clue as to if and when I’m going to post this, but I do have the intention to. Only, there’s one disadvantage, namely that this is the third consecutive day that I’ve been in the isolation cell. At this moment, I’m enjoying half an hour of freedom, which is something, because yesterday it was only a quarter of an hour. Only… never before have I felt so sad, agitated and upset when it comes to isolation. More than 36 hours… never before has this happened to me. They don’t fixate me here in the Netherlands, but I can’t say it’s less bad than in Belgium, for in Belgium 24 hours was the maximum, more or less. 


I only have 13 minutes left, so this post won’t have an end yet. The day before yesterday, I saw a great opportunity to escape from the ward. So I did. Only… the youngest psychiatrist followed me and he was capable to pin me down. More and more people came to help him, so they brought me to the isolation room. The next morning, the psychiatrist came in and told me they were going to use another approach starting from today – that was yesterday. I would be locked up for longer periods of time, with only every two hours a quarter of an hour of freedom in the room in front of the isolation cell. If that went well – which it did – this would be extended to half an hour, then to an hour and so forth. Of course, this is beyond reason. That’s where the title comes from. Gotta go now. Back to my cell.


Same day, only now it’s 6.38 PM. I’m truly disappointed in the nurses. They didn’t stick to their promises, while I have to do so. Furthermore, although tomorrow a doctor will come and see me, (s)he won’t be able to release me from the isolation room, which means practically that I’ll be incarcerated for at least 5 days. This is so unrighteous and so inhumane! Never before have I felt so desperate and helpless. I know I have issues when it comes to behaviour, but this is not the right way! How can I make them realise that? This approach leads only to more traumatic experiences, less trust in psychiatrists and nurses and especially, it takes away the little self-esteem I still had. It’s punishment, although they all say it’s not. Well, let’s swap places and see who will come out of the isolation room crying and in shock!


I only have 17 minutes left, so let’s be quick. If they want to drill me, it won’t work this way, not with the aid of this approach. I’m just not that kind of person. Furthermore, they are destroying every little piece of me, every single piece of self-esteem I still had. I’m on the verge of crying now, but I’ll wait until I’m back in my cell, so that the nurses can’t enjoy to see my tears. I’m actually asking myself why some of them chose this job. Don’t understand me wrong, some of them do have talent, others however are rather useless at it and are just enjoying the power they have. No names will be given…




I don’t know how I’ll have to survive this weekend. Being at a closed ward is bad, being in the isolation room is worse, but the worst thing is being locked up without it having any effect whatsoever. What’s more, my mom’s in a crisis, my dad doesn’t answer my text messages and my sister ignores me completely. What about helping each other? I probably ask too much.

Anyway, I’m getting really angry now, but I have to go. Will be continued… -_-

Same day, 9.08 PM. I’m sitting in the practice room again, writing about my frustrations because of me being locked up for the third day in a row and with at least two more days to go. You can’t imagine how restless I am, how frustrated I am, how I want to kill myself so nobody ever has any problems with me anymore.




I’m sorry I ran away, doctor.
I’m sorry I don’t let myself catch that easily, doctor.
I’m sorry nurses that I’m not easy to handle.
I’m sorry to you all that I don’t let myself put into an isolation cell without fighting back. That’s all because of what happened in Belgium and because of the voices.
So I’m sorry I fled from Belgium to the Netherlands.
I’m sorry I brought my psychological problems to the Netherlands.
I’m sorry I cut myself earlier so I had psychological problems.
I’m sorry I was depressed so I cut myself.
I’m sorry I was bullied by half the class at school so that I got depressed.
I’m sorry I went to school so that people could bully me.
I’m sorry I grew up so that I could go to school.
I’m sorry I was born so I could grow up.
I’m sorry I was born…


Saturday, December 7th. I feel more and more depressed, this approach is just not working! Haven’t seen a doctor yet, but that’ll probably be of no help. This is one of the first times that I’m lost for words. I just don’t know what to write anymore, just how f*cking sad, upset, scared, lost, humiliated, hurt and rejected I feel…

That psychiatrists can go insane is proven by their actions now. I just don’t know what their goal is. I miss my birdie, I miss my family, I miss my friends. I’ve been cut off from the outside world for four days right now, and it just doesn’t feel right. But what can I say, what can I do? Nothing, that’s right. I’m a prey to their methods and I can’t do anything. I feel so helpless, so f*cking helpless. What have I done, dear God, to deserve this? That the doctor is a nutcase is the plain truth. But what can I do about it? Nothing, I’m afraid… Five minutes left to go to my cell again. I honestly think this is worse than prison, for prisoners are at least allowed a book or a television in their room. And I’m behaving so well, honestly…




Same day,8.40 PM. Although this isolation period won’t be over today, I decided that I’m going to end this post today. Tomorrow there is room and place for some other post, I have the entire night to think about a title. It’s insane what’s happening now, although today, I was allowed three hours of freedom. Not bad, is it? Still, it hurts, it hurts a lot and my heart is bleeding. When this day ends, I will have been looked up for 76 hours and counting. Furthermore, I have high hopes to be out of the isolation cell on Monday, but as there is a meeting about me that same day, it could only end by Tuesday or, who knows, maybe even later. It’s so unpredictable and I’m scared. Trust in most of the nurses is lost, although they’re probably just doing their job. Trust in the psychiatrists is completely gone, for it are they who should have been locked up for such an elaborate piece of time. It’s not only the humiliation, but especially the self-esteem that’s been hurt pretty badly. How much time and work will it cost to go back to the time in which I felt pretty confident of myself? For that time is over. I feel so small, so small, a tiny block of Lego in an immense universe… 



No comments:

Post a Comment